Saturday I took my kids to Target. I had no idea that the circus had pitched the big top over check out lane 8 and that we were taking center stage of the three ring act.
I ran into my sister, Michelle, at the Pharmacy and as we were walking to the front of the store Ava alerts me to the fact that she, "gotta go potty". Which with Ava could be anything from the truth or a fib to get out of the store. So I tell her hold on one minute until we pay. Mind you neither of my kids have had a nap and it is about 5:00 in the evening, so it was not a good Target trip to begin with. When we get up to the check out lane I start loading the food onto the conveyor belt and Ava grabs the cart -which was the bigger than life double seater that Grace demands every time we go to Target, so that she can lounge over the two seats like Liz Taylor in Cleopatra- and starts to steer recklessly toward the water globe display. I grab Ava and tell her the forbidden word "NO". She instantly starts crying and screaming "I GONNA PEE MY PANTS." To which I respond, "No Ava, you did pee your pants-on me". I removed my pee drenched jacket and alert the 16 year old checker that my daughter had made a pee puddle in the aisle. He grabs the telephone and quickly (read completely panicked that he was going to end up with some paper towels and a mop) calls for "Back up-FAST". I was surprised that he was able to function so smoothly as I have now noticed I am wearing a see-through white shirt and being covered in pee with no makeup on, I am extremely FOXY. Ava is crying so I take off her pants and wrap them in my jacket o'pee. This only makes her cry louder because now everyone can "see her bum". At this point I turn to my sister and tell her that if she wants to pretend she doesn't know us, I would totally understand. She calmy responds that we look identical and people probably know that we are together and between laughs asks if she can help. By now the Target HazMat team has shown up and the store manager is directing us to Lane 7. I reload my cart and attempt to steer over. For the second time I unload my cart. I pause here to mention something I omitted earlier. My kids had a doughnut when we first arrived and you can't have a doughnut without milk. So they each had an individual strawberry milk with their doughnuts. The poor unsuspecting checker scans one milk and not noticing the missing lid, covers himself in strawberry millk/doughnut backwash. Calmly he asks, "Does this like have a lid?" and I realize why yes it did, and I have to inform him that it is in the pile of pee and sanation cleanser on the next aisle. I am sure that as he bites his tongue he quite certainly says a little prayer that the prescription he is scanning is for birth control.
11 comments:
Thank you so much for the great laugh! Don't get me wrong, I do not find amusement In your frustration, I just am so relieved to know that it is not just me who has days like that. You word it so greatly, and I totally can see you there. Oh how I miss you! It is good to know that you can totally look back(one distant day) and laugh and laugh and surly miss those moments.
lisa..."teve's mom" here...
I am quickly learning the craziness of having kids. That has to be one of the worst Target visits of anyone I have heard of. I am at Target almost everyday...wish I would've been there to help you out...or pretend I didn't know you!
Oh Lisa! I am so sorry, but I am not going to pretend that I am not laughing out loud right now! Next time the circus is in town, let me know so I can come and watch:)
Classic! I love it! I wish I was there. I would have grabbed that great Target popcorn and watched the whole act with glee!
Okay, I heard you had a great story on your page and that I had to read it. I'm sorry to laugh but that is funny! Don't you just love life and little girls?
If I had known we were going to be such a circus, I would have suggested going across the street to Walmart...we would have fit right in over there ;)
The best part was that you know the teen bopper cashier went home and told all of his friends about this crazy lady in the see through shirt and her kid that peed in his aisle!
I'm glad you're not holding my liking for Twilight against me any longer. Those were some rough moments there for a while ;) But I'm grateful you're able to look pass my weaknesses and still be my friend/cousin/whatever we are.
And your Target story? Priceless. I'm sorry to admit it, but I laughed kind of hard (or really hard, but details, details).
Oh Ava...gotta love it! Wouldn't be our family without a 3+ ring circus, right? I hate to tell you this, but this story is too good to not pass on to Bammy!
Meagan directed me to "The Circus" and I must admit, I was a little apprehensive to read it. After all, going to Target at any time with the girls is considered "eventful" and I couldn't imagine what you would possibly consider a full-blown circus. I laughed so hard I had tears coming down my cheeks. Please, please tell me that none of my friends who listen to me brag about my great daughter-in-law and perfect grandchildren happened by while this disaster was taking place! That poor checker will need years of therapy to recover.
By the way... why aren't Big Dot and I listed on your links?
So....I guess you'll take Ava potty next time?
Heehee hee hee...LOL hee hee okay sorry to laugh I just think that days like this should happen to others not just me. I am totally feeling your pain in every word and LOVING IT. Sorry, I can't lie. That is one for the record books. Hey I tried to add you to my blog but I think i might have the wrong email address. Call me or email me and i will retry. Have a great day!
Post a Comment