Last month my husband and my father-in-law finished LOTOJA. It is a bike race from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming ( a short 206 miles). I was so proud of them both. It was a really fun weekend for me too. We spent Friday night at the fine Howard Johnson in Brigham City. Which was awesome because we stayed in a smoking room with my sister-in-law and her husband. Not only did I inhale 30 some odd years of smoke, but I could have rolled over and spooned my siser-in-law in the next bed. (Logan was totally booked and we got the last two rooms in Brigham City-I wonder why no one else wanted them?) I woke up at about 3:00 and decide to get the heck out of that place. But where can you go at 3:00 in the morning?So, against all of my morals, I spent the next hour and a half wandering around the Walmart in Brigham with no bra on (classy- I know). We drove up to Logan and there the fun began. I got to race Brett from stop to stop, only he was on his bike and I was in our car. Even with that advantage he still beat me to one of the stops. He finished in 11 1/2 hours and his dad finished shortly after. I was amazed that Brett would even want to do something like this, but he was so dedicated to the training and training and training that he had to do to get ready for this. He didn't even complain the next day. What a man!!!
Brett and I have been married for thirteen years. We have two daughters and two sons. Grace is nine, Ava is seven and Carter is three and Easton is one.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
My Hero
Last month my husband and my father-in-law finished LOTOJA. It is a bike race from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming ( a short 206 miles). I was so proud of them both. It was a really fun weekend for me too. We spent Friday night at the fine Howard Johnson in Brigham City. Which was awesome because we stayed in a smoking room with my sister-in-law and her husband. Not only did I inhale 30 some odd years of smoke, but I could have rolled over and spooned my siser-in-law in the next bed. (Logan was totally booked and we got the last two rooms in Brigham City-I wonder why no one else wanted them?) I woke up at about 3:00 and decide to get the heck out of that place. But where can you go at 3:00 in the morning?So, against all of my morals, I spent the next hour and a half wandering around the Walmart in Brigham with no bra on (classy- I know). We drove up to Logan and there the fun began. I got to race Brett from stop to stop, only he was on his bike and I was in our car. Even with that advantage he still beat me to one of the stops. He finished in 11 1/2 hours and his dad finished shortly after. I was amazed that Brett would even want to do something like this, but he was so dedicated to the training and training and training that he had to do to get ready for this. He didn't even complain the next day. What a man!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Our husbands are so tough...we need to do something great next summer!!
That is awesome! I didn't know Brett rides. Ryan grew up with a road bike and it is his favorite thing. He got me a bike last year for my b-day...we really enjoy it! Although, I have been on a bike strike since I was almost hit 3 times this summer! But bikes are so much fun!
I think that is awesome. Ryan said he feels like a lazy old fart after reading that entry. His work just moved so it is only 3 miles from our house, and he is going to ride his bike...he felt it paled in comparison to what Brett accomplished. I told him 3 miles is a start to 206. Tell him congrats!
That is so awesome. I should try that. Biking is way better then running.
Hey walmart and bra-less just go together.
Holy cow, that is awesome!! What a man you've got on your hands, Lisa! Ah, and I imagine you fit right with no bra in Walmart. The heck with perky breasts at 3:00am. They're overrated!
Britt
Post a Comment