Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my mom's birthday and I thought I would do a little post in her honor. I went through most of my teenage years thinking my mom knew very little. It wasn't until after I got married and had kids that I realized just how much my mom knew. I know that my mom gave up a lot when we were little to give us all the oppurtunities we had growing up. It wasn't until I started paying for dance that I put two and two together that the reason she wore sales rack clothing to my softball tournaments was so I could go to said tournaments. I am glad for the all the times she was a "mean mom" because I know it helped me become the person I ma today. She is a wonderful grandmother who is always willing to come support and help with her grandkids. My mom can iron the crap out of anything. There are a few shirts I can't bring myself to wear because after she ironed them they look so pretty and I know I will never get them looking that good. My mom doesn't really like to cook, but I will take one of her fried eggs anytime. And she makes the best toffee, ever. End of discussion. If it came down to a weed off, my mom would clean Martha Stewart's clock in a matter of minutes and then go on to clean the house so well you might think she was married to Mr. Clean. A few years ago my mom got really sick and I thought we might loose her. I thought about all the memories we made and all the memories that we would be cheated out of making. I prayed really hard that she would get a chance to see her grandkids grow up. Not because I thought she needed to be there, but because I knew I need her to be there to for me. I am so glad she made it. Life wouldn't be the same without her. I don't know if you read my blog mom, but if you do Happy Birthday. Here's to another 39 years with you!!

3 comments:

Jenica W said...

You made me cry! I love Aunt Jean. Happy Birthday. I remember on a St.George trip talking to Aunt Jean about finishing college or having kids and Jean encouraged me to finish school and gave me a good pep talk. She has influenced so many people. Love you.

Megs said...

So I don't even know your mom but I am crying. I need to call my mom now.

Nici said...

Happy Birthday Jean!!! Love that lady! :) Thanks again for Saturday it was a lot of fun and great to catch up with everyone!