Brett and I have been married for thirteen years. We have two daughters and two sons. Grace is nine, Ava is seven and Carter is three and Easton is one.
Friday, February 19, 2010
O Canada
Usually Brett and I pay very close attention to how much TV we watch, for no other reason than we both have the capacaity to rip into a bag of potato chips and zone out watching TV for hours. However during the olympics something different happens to us. I don't care what it is if it is under the heading: sports-olympics, I am watching it. If you want me to explain the nordic combined, biathalon, curling or even the finer points of hockey (really?) I am now capable of doing so. I am like a breastfeeding Bob Costas. It doesn' matter what the sport, I know who's favored to win, how it is scored, and who got screwed at the last olympics. How come I have the will power to force myself to stay awake until 1:00am to watch the skeleton preliminaries, but I lack the will power to not eat a dozen oreos while I do it? At least I get a two year break until London.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So funny and so true.
we were just talking about it when your family was here. it is funny how you become an expert on the olympic games. but it is so much fun. don't you feel like you could strap on a pair of skis and win a medal
we are loving the speed skating at our house. intense!
I am so sad. I have not seen one drop of the Olympics. Not like me at all.
I may need a highlight real. Do you do those?
Post a Comment